9.07.2011

Healthy Blobs

I know, I know--the title sounds less than appealing. But, that was what Melanie called them on dietriffic, so I am going to use her title. Don't let the strange name send you running, however; I know that I was skeptical of these at first too, but I really needed a new breakfast idea that I could quickly grab in the morning, and these ended up being tasty and filling! (It also helps to use up any remaining cornflakes you have from your cornflake chicken recipe)

You will need:
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup dried milk (I omitted this--I cheaped out on the extra $7)
-2 tablespoons honey
-3 cups of corn flakes 

To make, simply mix all of the above ingredients together by hand carefully, then separate the cornflake mixture into ten little cornflake blobs. I packaged mine individually in saran wrap for ease of transport and minimal mess and placed them in the freezer to help them hold together better. 

Now I will say that, if my blobs were out of the freezer for too long, they would sort of fall apart into little peanut-buttery corn flake baby blobs--still incredibly tasty, but not exactly a one-handed snack--so they might have held together better had I used the dried milk or crushed the cornflakes first. Since I have a psychological block on paying an extra $7 for dried milk when I already have the liquid variety for half that, I will probably continue to make mine the same way--but if you try a variation, please let me know how they work out for you!

Either way, paired with a glass of milk, they kept me full until lunch and were a sweet way to begin my day. So, give healthy blobs a shot at breakfast, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment