6.06.2011

Fun with cheese balls!

Since I was asked to bring a snack for an office retirement party tomorrow, I thought I would start the blog recipes here, with an appetizer that is becoming something of a signature for me: the chipped beef cheese ball. I first found this recipe here: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,149177-225197,00.html when I was looking to make some appetizers for a surprise "Congrats on your new law job!" party for my husband (sadly this cheese ball, which I created in the shape of a gavel, was not photographed, or I would share that too!).



To make, mix the following: two 8 oz. containers of creamed cheese (softened--just leave out while chopping the other ingredients to bring to room temperature), three packages of Buddig corned beef lunchmeat (chopped), one bunch of green onions (chopped), 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 teaspoon of Lawry's seasoning salt. Don't bother with a spoon here--it's easiest to integrate the seasonings if you mix by hand! When all the ingredients are well-mixed, shape the creamy mass into a ball, refrigerate to set, then serve with crackers and enjoy! Below is a picture of your standard cheese ball:


But, since I love a good theme, I usually alter my cheese balls to fit the party. First is a Death Star cheese ball, complete with X-wing fighters for a Star Wars themed birthday party (possibly mine...ahem).


Halloween cheese ball:


Thanksgiving cheese ball:


Christmas cheese ball:


New Year's Eve cheese ball:


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment