10.10.2011

Caramel Apple Cider Martinis

My lovely sister and cousin came out for dinner and drinks a couple of days ago, and I asked them what they would like me to make. My cousin suggested an apple martini, and I came upon this lovely recipe. And, since my grocery store has been making these huge, sugary, mouth-watering looking caramel apples this month, a drink that could provide the same taste seemed like a necessity. It did not disappoint and tasted very much like dessert in a glass!


You will need the following (per martini):

1/2 cup of apple cider
1 oz. vodka
1/2 to 1 oz. butterscotch Schnapps (depending on how sweet you like your drinks)
Ice
Apple (cut into slices)
Lemon juice

First, prepare your garnish by chopping your apple into thin slices and soaking the slices in the lemon juice (this way, they will not turn brown).

Next, pour the cider, vodka, Schnapps, and ice into a martini shaker. Shake well and pour into a chilled martini glass. Place apple slice on the glass rim for decoration and serve! This is my new favorite fall drink by far, and I hope you enjoy it (responsibly) as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment